Late quick takes: oops.
1. We survived the first week of day care!
2. The report on Miriam was that she is a very picky eater (no surprise), she pottied successfully in the toilet all week (Whoot whoot!!!), she loved the dramatic play area and painting, and she is "very smart". She only cried Friday morning when Josh dropped her off (partially because she only slept 5hrs the night prior I believe), but as soon as the teacher redirected her she was fine. Her teacher said that she made friends very easily and loved working with the other children. She was excited to report to me when I got back into town Friday "Mommy, I learned lots at school!"
3. The report on Joseph was that his big beautiful eyes are Trouble (note the capital T). His teachers say he will walk around and pull toys off shelves or knock over towers, then smile and flash his big eyes and melt their hearts. He is a fantastic eater (no surprise). He likes to climb in their indoor playground (also no surprise) and he is actually pretty cooperative with the other [much smaller] children his age (surprised!).
4. Both of our children are physically very large for their classrooms. And Miriam is even in the older classroom! The teachers when I first toured without Josh commented "Your husband must be very tall!" Then this week when they met him and his 5'10 frame, they said "Oh! Your extended family must have some height!" hahahaha Josh hates comments like that. Poor guy!
5. My training in Hays KS was uneventful and boring. Good news is I get to go back again the week after next for another round of training! One of the girls I met is a Mary Kay salesperson and she is going to bring her facial kit to treat the rest of us next time.
6. I went to sit in the hot tub at the hotel one evening and realized that my 10yr old swimsuit bottoms (that I haven't worn in at least 4 yrs) DO NOT fit. hahaha luckily no one else as present but note to self.... saggy bottoms are only (kind of) cute on kids in diapers.
7. Today is my birthday! 26! Josh treated me to my favorite local bakery's cinnamon roll in bed this morning and he did the dishes before leaving for work for the day! I also got a handheld vacuum (you know you're old and lame when you are honestly excited and relieved to receive a gift such as this) from the in-laws and a delicious birthday cake from the same local bakery! Happy delicious treat filled day to me!